Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts not working after loading Big Sur

After upgrading to Big Sur my Contacts app doesn't work. It doesn't show any contacts I've added on my iPhone 11 or iPad Air (3rd generation) and when I try to add one it doesn't let get beyond the first name but jumps elsewhere on my contacts list. Has anyone else had this problem and/or found a solution.

My iPhone and iPad both run the latest IOS (v 14.5).

Many thanks

Sue

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 3:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 3:48 AM

Is the Contacts associated to iCloud or some third party service like Google ?

Set up iCloud on all your devices

8 replies

Jul 13, 2021 11:53 AM in response to PRP_53

Hi

Thank you for getting back to me. As far as I'm concerned my Contacts are all associated with iCloud. iCloud is set up on all my devices but sometimes I have had issues with sharing between my laptop and the rest of my devices. iPad and iPhone share with each other OK generally. However, I've never experienced anything like this before with my Contacts App on my laptop.

Many thanks for your help.

Sue

Jul 13, 2021 1:42 PM in response to PRP_53

Hi

Thank you again for your continued help. The main issue is that my Contacts app on my laptop won't let me add a new entry. Once I try to move to the 2nd name box it jumps randomly to another entry. It has only done that since I upgraded to Big Sur. Don't have that trouble with Contacts on my other 2 devices.

Many thanks again

Sue

Jul 17, 2021 10:00 AM in response to PRP_53

Hi

Thanks again for your help. I created the Archive and saved it then I sent the three files to the Bin (Trash). I restarted my laptop and then opened Contacts. I've found a workaround as if I start to add a contact it does skip away but I found a lot of cards with No Name on them at the bottom. If I click Edit and then start to add details it takes my new contact.

Thought you and anyone else having the same problem would like to know. I hope the workaround helps them.

Sue

I

Contacts not working after loading Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.