Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HBO Max purchased on Apple TV (Set top Box) not appearing in Apple TV app

I have subscribed to HBO Max on my Set Top Apple TV, yet that subscription is not available on my Mac. Anything I am missing to make this happen?

Thank you!

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 5:39 PM

It works as intended. The HBO Max app is not available for Mac, as browser access is the regular way to access that on computers, same as for most other third party streaming services (Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+, etc.).

The linking between the Apple TV app and third party apps is supported on iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV box, but not Mac or third party devices.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2021 5:39 PM in response to Sharper2021

It works as intended. The HBO Max app is not available for Mac, as browser access is the regular way to access that on computers, same as for most other third party streaming services (Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+, etc.).

The linking between the Apple TV app and third party apps is supported on iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV box, but not Mac or third party devices.

Jan 6, 2021 3:03 PM in response to Sharper2021

Hi there Sharper2021,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with accessing your HBO Max subscription on another device, and we'd like to share some resources that can help.

Get started here: See or cancel your subscriptions

Review how to sign in and watch on your Mac here: Which devices work with HBO Max?

This page may also help: Subscribe to Apple TV+ or an Apple TV channel in the Apple TV app

We hope this helps.

HBO Max purchased on Apple TV (Set top Box) not appearing in Apple TV app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.