Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting MacBook Air (2020) to HP OfficeJet 4650

I can't seem to connect my new MacBook Air to my HP OfficeJet 4650 printer. The printer used to show up in the list (through System Preferences), but I followed another community suggestion to delete the printer then add it back in, and now that I've deleted it (using the minus button), I can't find it again.

When I tried to open the downloaded printer software from HP, I got an alert that Mac can't open without Rosetta Stone, so I downloaded that. Now when I tried to open the HP installer, I get an alert that Mac can't open it because Apple can't check it for malicious software and I'm supposed to contact the developer.

The MacBook Air is brand-new, my printer is just one year old, and I'm pretty flummoxed right now!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 1:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 5:22 PM

Hello bfootgrrl,

We understand that you're having some trouble with adding your printer to your MacBook Air. It sounds like you're following the steps outlined here:

If you need to Install Rosetta on your Mac - Apple Support

If your Mac cannot confirm the software is safe, the function called Gatekeeper blocks it. You can choose, at your risk and discretion, to still open it. The steps are here:

Safely open apps on your Mac - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2021 5:22 PM in response to bfootgrrl

Hello bfootgrrl,

We understand that you're having some trouble with adding your printer to your MacBook Air. It sounds like you're following the steps outlined here:

If you need to Install Rosetta on your Mac - Apple Support

If your Mac cannot confirm the software is safe, the function called Gatekeeper blocks it. You can choose, at your risk and discretion, to still open it. The steps are here:

Safely open apps on your Mac - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities!

Connecting MacBook Air (2020) to HP OfficeJet 4650

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.