Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some messages only showing up on iPhone and not Mac

Everything is signed into iCloud and working. Also handoff is enabled, but for some reason, a few specific messages texted to me are showing up on my iPhone, but not in messages on my iMac and MacBook. Specifically, messages sent from an automated source, like my bank sending me a confirmation code for logging in and Apple sending me a survey. They only show up on the iPhone, but all other messages from real people show up on all devices. Any idea why this is?

P.S. iMac is on Catalina and MacBook is Big Sur and iPhone X is on latest iOS 14.3.

MacBook

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 11:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 10:44 PM

After spending an hour with an Apple advisor having me upgrade my iOS and all manner of things, I then spoke to a senior advisor who told me to check "text message forwarding" in the Messages prefs on the iPhone. Sure enough, it was switched off. Not sure how that could have happened, but it did. Simple solution in the end. Just wish the first advisor would have thought of that.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2021 10:44 PM in response to Cartoonguy

After spending an hour with an Apple advisor having me upgrade my iOS and all manner of things, I then spoke to a senior advisor who told me to check "text message forwarding" in the Messages prefs on the iPhone. Sure enough, it was switched off. Not sure how that could have happened, but it did. Simple solution in the end. Just wish the first advisor would have thought of that.

Some messages only showing up on iPhone and not Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.