Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Promotional text messages received do not get deleted through iCloud

Hello,

My iPhone X is on iOS 14.3 and MacBook Pro 15" is on macOS 11.1.

I am facing a weird issue, where promotional text messages received do not get deleted through all devices sign into my Apple ID. Though personal messages sent by other person get deleted on all devices, when deleted from one device.

Personal text messages sync properly on all devices through iCloud.

However, I can see that when I open promotional message on one device, on another device, its unread status changes. But if I delete that message, it is not deleted across the devices.

I have been facing this issue, since upgrade to macOS Big Sur and upgraded my iPhone X to iOS 14.3.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 3:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 6:59 PM

Hi Bailier,

Thanks a lot.

Messages were reported on my iPhone using different filters and were segregated as per these messages.

I changed the Messages settings and stopped dividing the messages by these filters and now I am able to sync the messages properly between my iPhone and Mac.

Thanks a lot...

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2021 6:59 PM in response to bailier

Hi Bailier,

Thanks a lot.

Messages were reported on my iPhone using different filters and were segregated as per these messages.

I changed the Messages settings and stopped dividing the messages by these filters and now I am able to sync the messages properly between my iPhone and Mac.

Thanks a lot...

Dec 31, 2020 2:31 PM in response to Riksan

Hi there Riksan,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like promotional text messages are not syncing through your Messages when they are deleted on one device like you expect. Are you using messages in iCloud to keep your messages synced? Learn more here: Use Messages in iCloud.

If you are not using Messages in iCloud then deleting messages on one device will not sync across your other devices. Syncing can take some time as well.

We hope this helps!

Dec 31, 2020 2:53 PM in response to CarlAVII

Hi CarlAVII,

Thanks for the reply.

I am using iCloud to sync messages. Personal messages sent by other person sync properly. They get deleted, when deleted from other devices.

it is only the question with Promotional messages. They don’t sync properly & don’t get deleted, from all my other devices, when deleted from the device I am using.

Dec 31, 2020 4:44 PM in response to Riksan

Hi again Riksan,

Thanks for that information. Have you reported these messages as spam using these steps: Block, filter, and report messages on iPhone

Reporting messages should delete them from your device. If that is how you are deleting the promotional messages, try manually deleting them instead.

We hope this helps!

Promotional text messages received do not get deleted through iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.