Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted Conversations on iPhone not deleting on MacOS (Sync issue?)

I am getting TONS of spam texts. I am reporting them to help reduce them, but Apple could have some sort of spam filtering based on phrases or words (I realize this is for another topic).

However, what's really bugging me is that after I've deleted the spam text "Conversations" on my iPhone, I then have to go to my MacOS and delete them again and this is just ridiculously time consuming.

Do I need to have my messages on iCloud in some way to have this sync properly? I'm not sure what my settings should be, or if this is just an issue with the MacOS (doubtful).

iMac 27″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 11:13 AM

Do I need to have my messages on iCloud

Yes. The setting is in the Preferences, iMessage tab.

1 reply

Deleted Conversations on iPhone not deleting on MacOS (Sync issue?)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.