Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reminder.app not sync with CalDAV (Nextcloud) after Upgrade to Big Sur

I upgraded my MacBookPro and my iMac from Catalina to Big Sur. After that the Reminder.app stop syncing with my CalDAV/Nextcloud Server. Did the Reminder.app v7 drop CalDAV Support?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 12:47 AM

Hi kareng12,

thank you for your response! I don't think it's an issue with Nextcloud. I found an Post on the Nexcloud Help-Center with Users who tried it with other CalDAV Providers which also doesn’t work: https://help.nextcloud.com/t/reminders-app-does-not-display-nc-tasks/98359/10

Also the sync between my iOS devices (iPhone, iPad) work! When I open the Reminders App on iOS I can see associated entries in the Nextcloud log. When I open the Reminders App on macOS Big Sur nothing happens in the logs. I think that's a clear sign that it isn't a problem with Nextcloud.

Best regards!

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2021 12:47 AM in response to KMB_12

Hi kareng12,

thank you for your response! I don't think it's an issue with Nextcloud. I found an Post on the Nexcloud Help-Center with Users who tried it with other CalDAV Providers which also doesn’t work: https://help.nextcloud.com/t/reminders-app-does-not-display-nc-tasks/98359/10

Also the sync between my iOS devices (iPhone, iPad) work! When I open the Reminders App on iOS I can see associated entries in the Nextcloud log. When I open the Reminders App on macOS Big Sur nothing happens in the logs. I think that's a clear sign that it isn't a problem with Nextcloud.

Best regards!

Jan 7, 2021 12:08 PM in response to f4ctor

Hi f4ctor,

We understand that your Reminders in macOS Big Sur are not syncing with Nextcloud, and we want to get you pointed in the right direction for help. To confirm compatibility, we encourage you to contact the app developers for Nextcloud directly, as they'll be able to provide the best information. Here's how to find the developer's contact information:

How to contact an app developer

Best regards!

Jan 11, 2021 8:52 AM in response to f4ctor

Hi!

today I have a nearly 2h call with the Apple support. We figured out,

that the sync work if I start my Mac in Secure Mode (start with pressed

Shift key). The conclution was that some application block the

connection.

After the call I tried a few things and found out that my issue was

caused by Little Snitch (5.0.4). When I disable the Little Snitch

network adapter in system preferences the sync work also in normal Mode.

I wrote the Little Snitch support. I will report here when I got an

answer…

Reminder.app not sync with CalDAV (Nextcloud) after Upgrade to Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.