Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

YouTube kids app on iOS 9

I had YouTube kids downloaded on my iPad2 with iOS 9 and I cleared the iPad and now not able to download it.

its saying I need iOS 10

iPad 2

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 11:47 AM

3 replies

Jan 5, 2021 12:15 PM in response to MBan1

One last ditch effort,

Go into the iOS App Store, tap on Purchases, locate the app and try to re-download the app from that section of the App Store.

Failing that OR IF NO joy, then there is nothing more to be done.

If you actually have a nearly 10-year old, 2011 iPad 2, that iPad model is far too old, now!

Apple ended support for 8-10 year old iPads, at least, over 3 years, ago.

The internal hardware in that iPad is too old, too underpowred and completely incompatible with all later versions of iOS/iPadOS.

Virtually, all third party iOS app developers ended/stopped/abandoned supporting these old iPads over two years, ago.

There are virtually, NO MORE older iOS 9 or 10 compatible apps available from the Apple iOS App Store, any longer.

There are NO MORE popular, useful apps or games for these old iPads, any longer!

Especially games as game makers push for upgrade compatibility for best interactive user and cross device gameplay.

AND, that over 4-year old default iOS Safari Web browser is too old, not secure and not safe to use to access the Internet, any longer.

There are virtually NO MORE third party Web browsers left for 8-10 year old iPads!

Available and more popular third party Web browser choices are pretty much GONE, now.

If you must use these old iPad models, here is what is left for still updated Web browsers.

Pickins’ are slim, now!

ALook Web browser

Dolphin Web browser

Maxthon Web browser

TOR private browser

TOR + VPN private browser

Turbo VPN private browser

Simply put, your 2nd gen iPad is too old and obsolete now.

Sorry, but this is the reality for ALL 8-10-year old AND OLDER iOS devices now. Especially going into 2021!

You really need to seriously consider a new iPad model OR a much, MUCH “newer” and less expensive, used iPad model capable of running the latest iPadOS versions.

There are plenty of newer, older iPad models that can run the latest, current versions of iPadOS.

Sorry.

Jan 5, 2021 12:49 PM in response to MichelPM

Mban1:

I know MichelPM knows this since we seem to visit similar 'old iPad' topics almost daily, but "updated" web browsers for iOS9 aren't really. They all seem to rely upon some basic Apple web browsing features (Webkit) programmed into the iOS and that is 3+ years old; they just slap different covering on the underlying structure. So even if you download something that was updated yesterday, the underpinnings by Apple haven't been updated in 3+ years and modern web sites may generate code those underpinnings can't handle.

Most developers have abandoned iOS9 apps completely. The server software that generates their product can't be interpreted by their old apps. It isn't economic for them (oh, did I forget to mention that this is largely about economics?) to write iOS9 versions for the tiny number of iOS9 users. Even if they did, an iPad2 probably couldn't handle the computational demand a 4K video would put on it and would crash continuously.

YouTube kids app on iOS 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.