Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Green line down my screen

Only received new iPhone today. A green line has appeared down the right hand side of the screen. It comes and goes.

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 12:30 PM

4 replies

Jan 7, 2021 9:00 AM in response to lynnfromportarlington

lynnfromportarlington Said:

"No it’s not on the screenshot so pixel problem like you say I think. Have contacted apple waiting on a call back. Only had phone 12hrs when it appeared. "

-------

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

Perhaps there is dust or residue beneath the screen? You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited warranty on this. So, contact Apple Support, and see if you can get a return or a swapout.

Contacting Apple Support:

Note: Calls are Currently a Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment due do lots of calls. And that makes sense because, with the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get thorough :)

Jan 6, 2021 10:24 AM in response to lynnfromportarlington

lynnfromportarlington Said:

"Green line down my screen: Only received new iPhone today. A green line has appeared down the right hand side of the screen. It comes and goes."

-------

Single Out Pixels:

What happens when you take a screenshot? Do you get the line? If not, its most certainly pixel problem.

Go Here: Take a Screenshot on your iPhone - Apple Support

Green line down my screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.