Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost text messages

since changing to I phone 12 it has got rid of all my text messages more than a year old. I have kept so many messages from loved ones no longer here. I have ticked keep messages forever.

how can I recover then. I assumed that if you transfer from old I phone to new that it would keep messages.

also any idea how to find deleted texts.

I don’t have I cloud backup

thanks

iPhone 12, 14

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 1:35 PM

Rainbows222 wrote:

since changing to I phone 12 it has got rid of all my text messages more than a year old. I have kept so many messages from loved ones no longer here. I have ticked keep messages forever.
how can I recover then. I assumed that if you transfer from old I phone to new that it would keep messages.
thanks

No backups no recovery.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2021 1:35 PM in response to Rainbows222

Rainbows222 wrote:

thanks

No backups no recovery.

Lost text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.