Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod Stereo pair only plays from one

Hello,

I have 2 HomePods that I have configured to be a stereo pair. However, when I tell Siri to play music, only 1 HomePod plays music (the left one). I've also tried starting the music from the Home app, from the Music app on both my iPhone and iPad. I have 14.3 installed on all devices. What's even weirder, when I have the pair as the audio output for my 4K Apple TV, only one plays when I play music, but it's the opposite one (the right one) from the one that plays when they are not also connected to my Apple TV. I've tried resetting them up multiple times. How can I get music to actually play from both HomePods which are a stereo pair at the same time.

As another data point, my 2 HomePod minis in another room work fine as a stereo pair!

HomePod, 14

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 1:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 3:59 PM

Did they work as a pair before?

Do they show as a pair in the home app icon? Or an icon for each?

• Make sure both are assigned to the same room.
  • Unplug the homepods for a few seconds 
  • try asking them to play music to all, both or everywhere - this may get them back in sync
  • On the iOS device that you use to set up HomePod, make sure that you signed in to iCloud with your Apple ID
  • Make sure that your iOS device has Bluetooth turned on and is connected to your home Wi-Fi network.*
  • Reboot your wifi router - unplug the router for 30 seconds
  • Otherwise try a restart for each one:

Open the Home App - go to the Room it’s in 

Long press on the HomePod icon to bring up settings, scroll down to the gear icon, tap that, scroll to the bottom to Reset HomePod - then select Restart HomePod 

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2021 3:59 PM in response to lovesmusiclovestodance

Did they work as a pair before?

Do they show as a pair in the home app icon? Or an icon for each?

• Make sure both are assigned to the same room.
  • Unplug the homepods for a few seconds 
  • try asking them to play music to all, both or everywhere - this may get them back in sync
  • On the iOS device that you use to set up HomePod, make sure that you signed in to iCloud with your Apple ID
  • Make sure that your iOS device has Bluetooth turned on and is connected to your home Wi-Fi network.*
  • Reboot your wifi router - unplug the router for 30 seconds
  • Otherwise try a restart for each one:

Open the Home App - go to the Room it’s in 

Long press on the HomePod icon to bring up settings, scroll down to the gear icon, tap that, scroll to the bottom to Reset HomePod - then select Restart HomePod 

HomePod Stereo pair only plays from one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.