Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod mini as the standard speaker for Apple TV 4K

Hello dear community,

since yesterday it is possible for me to set my 2 homepod mini as standard audio output for apple tv.

however, this only brings problems for me.

in various rooms my homepods are radio alarm clocks and so there is a scene for it that provides the same music to all of the rooms with the same volume.

since 2 of my 4 homepods have been connected to apple tv, they no longer take over the preset volume of the scene. even if I replace these two homepods with the apple tv itself, the volume is not adjusted.

Can I no longer control the homepods separately since they are connected to the apple tv?

is apple tv the "master" and if so, why does apple tv not pass the preset volume?

maybe you can help me here and report whether it is similar with you.

many thanks and best regards

HomePod mini

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 4:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 12:10 PM

I suspect you're looking at a trade off between the behaviour in standalone mode and default speaker mode. Use Feedback - HomePod - Apple to let Apple know that you'd like your previous scenes to work as before regardless of which mode the HomePods are in.

tt2

Similar questions

7 replies

Oct 14, 2021 2:58 PM in response to turingtest2

Hi, my issue is a bit different, but I suspect it is related so am adding here. When I configure my HomePod mini as the output for my apple tv 4k, my HomePod mini has problems with Apple Music. When I ask it to play something it starts off indicating that it is about to play, then a minute or so later it comes back stating there was a problem with Apple Music. When I reconfigure the Apple TV so HomePod is no longer the output for Apple TV then HomePod goes back to working OK with Apple Music. Is this also a "feature" of it being in default speaker mode? Or a bug?

Thanks

HomePod mini as the standard speaker for Apple TV 4K

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.