Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Distorts/Garbles certain MP3s/Albums

Hello. I really like using iTunes as a way to organize my VGM library. However, for years now I've dealt with the problem of not knowing which albums I download will be compatible with iTunes. See, sometimes when I import an album, despite the mp3s sounding fine in something like Windows Media Player, in iTunes they have random distortion, ranging from kind of garbled to almost sounding underwater. I cannot find a single solution/explanation for this online.

Here is an example of what I'm experiencing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvwRit6MsbM

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 4:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 12:13 AM

The Import settings apply to new rips from CD or conversion from an existing format. They're not applied to audio files as they are added to the library. I'm not sure why iTunes doesn't cope properly with them, but I suspect if it can't play them correctly then it probably cannot convert them correctly either. You could try using Audacity and see if it can make files that iTunes can play.

tt2

Similar questions

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2021 12:13 AM in response to SBW64

The Import settings apply to new rips from CD or conversion from an existing format. They're not applied to audio files as they are added to the library. I'm not sure why iTunes doesn't cope properly with them, but I suspect if it can't play them correctly then it probably cannot convert them correctly either. You could try using Audacity and see if it can make files that iTunes can play.

tt2

iTunes Distorts/Garbles certain MP3s/Albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.