Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why iPhone dosen't work out in public keeps giving error message

Cannot Verify Server Identity

This keeps popping up as soon as I get off home wifi in the car. It says imap.gmail.com cannot be verified. Click Details and it says captiveportal.nokia.com. I am really fed up with this, and someone else asked it, and over 1200 people had the same problem, but no one answered it correctly on their thread, and it said I had to make a new thread. This is annoying, because every page I go on, it keeps popping up and I have to hit cancel and fast or my phone is basically useless out in public. Fed up with it. There is absolutely nothing on this phone that should be related to Nokia. I don't even think they are in business anymore, and I own their old crappy stock from 20 years ago, and its only worth about 24 cents.

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 12:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 12:21 AM

What happens when you click the "Details" on the error popup message (See the Pic below)

Best would be to Delete and Add the email account that is creating the issue.

You may also try changing SSL settings

Settings > Password & Accounts > [Select the Mail account} > [Tape on Account with the email ID} > Advanced > SSL Settings > [Disable]

Click <Account (in Blue)

Click on DONE (in Blue) when exiting in the previous screen

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2021 12:21 AM in response to jcruby

What happens when you click the "Details" on the error popup message (See the Pic below)

Best would be to Delete and Add the email account that is creating the issue.

You may also try changing SSL settings

Settings > Password & Accounts > [Select the Mail account} > [Tape on Account with the email ID} > Advanced > SSL Settings > [Disable]

Click <Account (in Blue)

Click on DONE (in Blue) when exiting in the previous screen

Jan 6, 2021 11:28 PM in response to SravanKrA

It doesn’t always say it’s a problem with email plus I’m not using email I’m just trying to use my text messaging or look up a restaurant or store sometimes it pops up and says that’s Gmail sometimes it pops up says it’s Yahoo and sometimes it pops up and says it’s Apple Maps but it all goes back to when I hit details that Nokia captive thing I don’t know what Nokia would have to do with my phone at all. It’s in the second picture I put up there there should’ve been two pictures in my first post and I will add another one here

why iPhone dosen't work out in public keeps giving error message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.