Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recording keynote presentation: how to add video in addition to audio

Keynote's new "record presentation" is terrific, especially now with conferences asking for pre-recorded talks. I like the following features:

• It lets you see the "presenter view" with the next slide beside the current slide while recording.
  • It allows incremental recording: you can easily stop the recording, rewind, and re-record the last bit.
  • It lets you edit the slides and keep the audio: for example, if you find a typo in the first slide, you don't need to record the whole thing again, just correct the typo and re-create the movie of the recording.
  • It's fast, doesn't require wifi, etc.

The only missing feature is that this is only audio and not video: I would like the movie of my presentation to have a small box showing me talking like you see on zoom. It would be great if I could use my laptop's webcam to add this. Is it possible?

Thanks!

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 2:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 3:53 AM

There is no inbuilt tool to do this in Keynote, however Quicktime is used to do this.

• Open Quicktime application
  • File > New Movie Recording
  • click on the red record button
  • press black stop button when finished
  • close and save

Drag the movie file onto a slide then size and position, to show on a single slide, or drag onto the Slide Master (View > Master Slide) to show over the complete presentation.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2021 3:53 AM in response to Guy0873

There is no inbuilt tool to do this in Keynote, however Quicktime is used to do this.

• Open Quicktime application
  • File > New Movie Recording
  • click on the red record button
  • press black stop button when finished
  • close and save

Drag the movie file onto a slide then size and position, to show on a single slide, or drag onto the Slide Master (View > Master Slide) to show over the complete presentation.

Recording keynote presentation: how to add video in addition to audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.