Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recording keynote presentation live while using projector for slideshow

Hi all! I would like to do a live presentation in an auditorium using a projector as the second display (Mac will show the presenter view, therefore). If possible, I would like to record the whole thing (certainly audio, but perhaps the slideshow too).

Most of the search results on this pertain to prerecording narration for slides, but I wanted to check how it would work live. If Keynote isn't set up for it, I guess I can run an audio recorder in the background.

Many thanks, and apologies if this is a silly question!

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 6:52 AM

Keynote is unable to record audio or the images displayed from Keynote when Keynote is in Play.

You can use Quicktime application, located in the Applications folder, to record the Keynote presentation with any embedded audio and the live audio from the inbuilt mic.

Open QuickTime and go to File > New screen recording

click on the Options pop up and select the inbuilt or connected mic

If you make a recorded presentation using: Play > Record Slideshow, what will be the difference to a recording you make when Keynote is in Play?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2022 6:52 AM in response to bercilak

Keynote is unable to record audio or the images displayed from Keynote when Keynote is in Play.

You can use Quicktime application, located in the Applications folder, to record the Keynote presentation with any embedded audio and the live audio from the inbuilt mic.

Open QuickTime and go to File > New screen recording

click on the Options pop up and select the inbuilt or connected mic

If you make a recorded presentation using: Play > Record Slideshow, what will be the difference to a recording you make when Keynote is in Play?

Feb 13, 2022 10:46 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Thanks Gary! There will be a live audience as well as the need for a recording, hence why I wasn’t sure if Record Slideshow would work. I will test it with the external display just to see how it behaves. Otherwise, your screen recording suggestion might be the best option. I don’t want to record my Presenter View, though, so I hope I can record the second display instead.

Thanks again!

Recording keynote presentation live while using projector for slideshow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.