Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos

I have iOS 14.3. I notice that there is a From My MAC category which was not there in the iOS 13.6 (which I previously had).

Since I transferred my favourite photos from my Windows 10 PC, those photos show up in From My MAC. My questions are:

1. Is there a way of deleting (not just hiding it) the From My MAC without deleting the photos. As I “loaded” now these same photos to My Albums \ My Favourites?
  2. Assuming there is no way to delete the From My MAC, do I take it that the photos are stored just once (and not twice) in the iPad given they are appearing under both From My MAC and My Albums \ My Favourites?
  3. I notice under Photos, there is favourites (I.e., those marked as favourites. It used to be easy to mark a photo as favourite by just tapping it. Now I cannot seem to figure out how to mark a photo as favourite. How to mark a photo as favourite?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 3:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 9:51 PM

Two solutions. Either one will work.

1. It used to be that I can delete the “From My MAC” using Syncios. For some reason, Syncios is not showing the category “From My MAC. Instead it is showing the “From My MAC” as My Favorites. In Syncios, there will be two My Favorites and the say to differentiate them is by the number of photos it contains. Make the best guess and delete one of the My Favorites showing in Syncios.
  2. Check iCloud that it has back-up of everything contained in the Photos app of the iPad. When you’ve made sure iCloud has complete back-up, go to Settings of iPad > Photos and turn off iCloud. Then use iTunes to synchronize your iPad with iTunes. It so happened my iTunes does not have any of the photos and videos my iPad Photos app has. So that empties the Photos and removes the “From My MAC” from my iPad. Then exit and close iTunes. Go back to Settings of iPad > Photos, switch on iCloud, tap Download and keep originals. That will reload all photos and videos to iPad’s Photos app. After that is completed, then go to iPad’s Settings > Photos, tap Optimize iPad storage.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2021 9:51 PM in response to Mariansapple

Two solutions. Either one will work.

1. It used to be that I can delete the “From My MAC” using Syncios. For some reason, Syncios is not showing the category “From My MAC. Instead it is showing the “From My MAC” as My Favorites. In Syncios, there will be two My Favorites and the say to differentiate them is by the number of photos it contains. Make the best guess and delete one of the My Favorites showing in Syncios.
  2. Check iCloud that it has back-up of everything contained in the Photos app of the iPad. When you’ve made sure iCloud has complete back-up, go to Settings of iPad > Photos and turn off iCloud. Then use iTunes to synchronize your iPad with iTunes. It so happened my iTunes does not have any of the photos and videos my iPad Photos app has. So that empties the Photos and removes the “From My MAC” from my iPad. Then exit and close iTunes. Go back to Settings of iPad > Photos, switch on iCloud, tap Download and keep originals. That will reload all photos and videos to iPad’s Photos app. After that is completed, then go to iPad’s Settings > Photos, tap Optimize iPad storage.

Jan 15, 2021 11:23 AM in response to Mariansapple

Regarding item # 1, it should say look for the name of the folder that is underneath “From My MAC” in Syncios and that is what you delete in Syncios. In my case, the confusion emanated from the fact I have “My Favorites” under My Albums and “My Favorites” under From My MAC. I did not realize I had two physical folders name “My Favorites”. All along, I was looking for the words “From My MAC” in Syncios which does not display in Syncios. Had I known I would have deleted the relevant My Favorites that is under the From My MAC and that would have collapsed and made to disappear the From My MAC in iPad Photos ( exactly like how Utilities > Recently Deleted collapses and disappears when it is empty).

Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.