Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio Descriptions won't turn off in Amazon Prime App on Apple TV

I found the solution in a roundabout way, so I thought I'd post it here to help other people who run into this. Past discussions that I could post this to are too old.

I resumed watching an episode today in the Amazon Prime app on my Apple TV, and I heard a voice-over description interrupting that I've never heard before. I had already checked the Apple TV's accessibility settings and the audio descriptions were already turned off. And I checked in the Prime app's settings too. Every possible voiceover or "voice view" was off.

I found this old Reddit post that mentioned this:

By xxxopher:

"On Amazon Video, while watching the video, swipe down for a menu, highlight "Audio", move down to Language, highlight "English (U.S)" and select, that turns it off. For some reason the os automatically selected "English (U.K.) AD". Why "English (U.K.) AD" also adds AD (Audio Description) is odd. But there we are."

My settings were already set to "English (US)", so I tried setting them to "English (UK)", and that fixed it! So I'm guessing that if you are having this same problem, try toggling this setting either way to solve it.

Apple TV (4th generation)

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 6:29 PM

18 replies

Mar 22, 2021 10:03 PM in response to Geoff Holt

Geoffrey, thank you for your response. I must not be understanding something. When I'm watching something on my TV, via the Apple TV box, the only remote I have is the small rectangular remote with a play, pause and menu button. There is nothing to swipe down on. So, my apologies, I don't know what you are referring to. I turn on the Apple TV box with my remote, I set my TV to the channel that accepts Apple TV content, then use the remote to navigate the choices. There is nothing to swipe on.

Apr 11, 2021 6:31 PM in response to Geoff Holt

Hi,

I have been trying to fix this issue for an hour. On my tv settings, in the accessibility, the voice description is off ( but on the left it says "when available, automatically play video descriptions".

I am using the apple TV remote app on my phone so I do not have the physical apple tv remote. For info, my Apple TV is third generation.

Does anyone have any idea what to do?

Thank you, in advance!

Audio Descriptions won't turn off in Amazon Prime App on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.