Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad icons keep being moved to other pages or disappear

I have an ipad 10.5 pro purchased year end 2017. In the last few weeks, perhaps around the installation of one of the iOS 14 versions but I am not sure, the icons have been moving to other screens. I have folders for many of them and I now notice that one of the icons inside the folder may be taken out and in the re arrangement appears by itself.

Help.. This is very annoying. I do not want to go back to factory reset.

Is this an apple bug or something I did?

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 6:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 6:12 AM

This isn’t an issue of which I am aware.

The first step is a forced-restart of the iPad - as this will often resolve unexpected behaviour:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2021 6:12 AM in response to palmer258

This isn’t an issue of which I am aware.

The first step is a forced-restart of the iPad - as this will often resolve unexpected behaviour:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

My ipad icons keep being moved to other pages or disappear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.