Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why aren't my AirPod pros disconnecting?

Every time I use my AirPods pros and try to put them back in the case they won't disconnect from my phone. I've tried turning my bluetooth on and off and hard resetting the AirPods. I don't know what to do, if I knew they would've been this hard to use, I would've stuck with the older version.

Thanks!

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 9:42 AM

Hi there jaidon01,

We understand that your AirPods Pro stay connected to your iPhone even after they are placed in the case. Let’s look into this together. 

To confirm, did you reset the AirPods Pro using the steps here?

Reset your AirPods

If so, then let’s also clean the AirPods Pro and see if this continues.

How to clean your AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, and EarPods

Does this happen with every device you pair with your AirPods Pro or only when they are paired with your iPhone? Which version of iOS is your iPhone running?

Find the software version on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Best regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2021 9:42 AM in response to jaidon01

Hi there jaidon01,

We understand that your AirPods Pro stay connected to your iPhone even after they are placed in the case. Let’s look into this together. 

To confirm, did you reset the AirPods Pro using the steps here?

Reset your AirPods

If so, then let’s also clean the AirPods Pro and see if this continues.

How to clean your AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, and EarPods

Does this happen with every device you pair with your AirPods Pro or only when they are paired with your iPhone? Which version of iOS is your iPhone running?

Find the software version on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Best regards.

Why aren't my AirPod pros disconnecting?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.