Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPod unpairing with new firmware

AirPod Pro keep unpairing from my phone since update to 4E71. They just stop working and remove themselves from my Bluetooth device list. They are completely unusable like this. Sometimes I get 10 minutes and sometimes 10 seconds. My son's are also doing this.

It's not my phone because after this started I bought and set up a new phone. Does it with both phones. I did a factory reset on the AirPods (and removed them from Find My) and did a hard reset on my old phone. They are fully charged and I didn't change any settings for them.

My son's AirPods are having the same problem with his phone and mine.

Any ideas? I guess there's no way to go back to the old firmware?

Posted on May 12, 2022 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2022 4:44 AM

Here’s what I did and so far it’s working:

I signed out of iCloud on my phone. When I did this they worked with no issues. When I signed back in they unpaired again. I removed them from find my (there were several instances of them) and renamed them once connected. So far so good.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2022 4:44 AM in response to Gizmoofr

Here’s what I did and so far it’s working:

I signed out of iCloud on my phone. When I did this they worked with no issues. When I signed back in they unpaired again. I removed them from find my (there were several instances of them) and renamed them once connected. So far so good.

AirPod unpairing with new firmware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.