Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disappointed with AppleCare

Thought AppleCare+ is a worldwide coverage plan but actually it’s not. Trying to get my watch fixed in Malaysia but technician from the service Center not able to place order for the replacement parts, somehow like forbidden to order that parts in the system I’m not sure why. The worst part is that borders closed I can’t get my watch fixed and there is no any help from Apple support. What they do best is just by saying: I AM SO SORRY. NO HELP AT ALL!

Apple Watch Edition

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 11:10 AM

AppleCare+ was never advertised being a worldwide coverage plan. If you read the details it in the warranty it says that care may be limited to country of purchase only. Some things like a battery replacement can be done anywhere (at the discretion of Apple) but other things like hardware in the devices may require specific hardware that was only made for that country. Especially if the device is being replaced, then it needs to come from the same country where it was purchased. The only place that I know is an exception is EU where you can get warranty replacement or repair anywhere in the EU if it was purchased in the EU. Don't be upset by not understanding AppleCare+ when you purchased it if you didn't read the fine print.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2021 11:10 AM in response to treasure241

AppleCare+ was never advertised being a worldwide coverage plan. If you read the details it in the warranty it says that care may be limited to country of purchase only. Some things like a battery replacement can be done anywhere (at the discretion of Apple) but other things like hardware in the devices may require specific hardware that was only made for that country. Especially if the device is being replaced, then it needs to come from the same country where it was purchased. The only place that I know is an exception is EU where you can get warranty replacement or repair anywhere in the EU if it was purchased in the EU. Don't be upset by not understanding AppleCare+ when you purchased it if you didn't read the fine print.

Disappointed with AppleCare

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.