Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods 2 microphone not working properly after IOS 14 update

Normally, i had AirPods working very well for 9 months but after I upgraded my phone for 14.3 version, my AirPods wasn’t working properly anymore. Messenger video call and iPhone voice recorder are not working properly. In addition this problem doesn’t always happen. Sometimes it’s working normally. I think there is a bug. By the way i’ve seen that there are many problems related to some community pages. So apple support are you going to fix this issue??

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 2:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 6:10 AM

Hello,

In the meantime, try this:

Open the Settings app and go to the Bluetooth section. Next to the AirPods entry on the list of devices, you should see an “i” icon inside of a circle. Tap this, then select microphone, and set it to either left, right or automatic. Try switching it back and forth.

Then, test with the Voice Memos app.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2021 6:10 AM in response to aykut224

Hello,

In the meantime, try this:

Open the Settings app and go to the Bluetooth section. Next to the AirPods entry on the list of devices, you should see an “i” icon inside of a circle. Tap this, then select microphone, and set it to either left, right or automatic. Try switching it back and forth.

Then, test with the Voice Memos app.

Airpods 2 microphone not working properly after IOS 14 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.