Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Link on images in Pages Document

VikingOSX provided a method that works with a PDF generated from Pages. But it does NOT work with a generated .epub file... With the pub file, the "#######" appear above the image...

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 3:11 PM

3 replies

Jan 9, 2021 6:57 AM in response to Eddom

When you export a Pages document containing an image with "#" text box overlay, internal to the EPUB, that text box becomes an HTML DIV container comprised of multiple HTML paragraph tags (<p>) that each contain the anchor (<a>) syntax representing the web link. The "#" characters are added as text, to represent the rows of "#" that you see on the EPUB image.

With the appropriate tool (I used SIGIL v1.4.3) to open the EPUB, and edit this HTML/CSS content, I suppressed the visible rows of "#" on that image with a one property addition to the containing <DIV> style, by adding the opacity property which hid all of the "#" rows displayed on the image in the EPUB.

The HTML content found in page-1.xhtml of the exported EPUB appears as the following, where the yellow arrow points to the term "opacity:0.0;" that I added to suppress the rows of "#" characters within the DIV box. Afterward, the hyperlinks remain functional over the image in the EPUB.

and the patched EPUB without the visual lines of "#" characters as shown in Apple Books on Big Sur 11.1:

When you do click the cleaned up, hyperlinked image in the EPUB when opened in Books, it will challenge you to complete the link with the following dialog, and selecting Open then does so in the default browser.

Link on images in Pages Document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.