Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Percentage With New MacBook Pro M1

Hello,

I hope everyone’s well. I’ve just received the new MacBook Pro 13” Nov 2020 M1 chip, which looks amazing. I'm sorry if this is a really stupid question and I'm missing something obvious, but I noticed there’s no percentage for the battery at the top right, and when going into system preferences>battery (or just clicking the battery) there’s no option for show percentage. I’m a bit baffled. Anyone have any ideas how to get the percentage up there at the top right by the battery?

Many thanks :)

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 3:03 PM

cazkins wrote:

Thanks very much for getting back to me, I appreciate your help with this. Unfortunately, while the battery shows in the top bar, the percentage doesn't. Unless I'm missing something very obvious (which is possible!) I can't see any option in the system preferences to display the percentage. Is this not available on the latest MacBook Pro? I'll attach a screenshot.
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/2730ef73-01dc-4468-ad27-4843a5ef5ed1

>System Preferences>Dock& Menu Bar >Battery

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2021 3:03 PM in response to cazkins

cazkins wrote:

Thanks very much for getting back to me, I appreciate your help with this. Unfortunately, while the battery shows in the top bar, the percentage doesn't. Unless I'm missing something very obvious (which is possible!) I can't see any option in the system preferences to display the percentage. Is this not available on the latest MacBook Pro? I'll attach a screenshot.
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/2730ef73-01dc-4468-ad27-4843a5ef5ed1

>System Preferences>Dock& Menu Bar >Battery

Jan 11, 2021 1:17 PM in response to cazkins

Hi cazkins,

Congratulations on your new MacBook Pro! It looks like you are trying to display the battery percentage and you do not see the option to show the percentage in the menu bar. Making sure you can view the battery percentage to keep an eye on how much battery you have left before it needs charged is important. We're happy to help.

Take a look at the link below. When you go to System Preferences > Battery then click on Battery again you should see an option to add to the menu bar.

Monitor your Mac notebook computer’s battery

We hope this helps. Have a good day!

Jan 15, 2021 2:41 PM in response to bailier

Battery Percentage With New MacBook Pro M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.