Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro shows different percentage of battery on lock and Home Screen. Moreover, I do not hear any sound and see the charging power when the Mac is being charged in the Lock Screen unlike in the Home Screen.

Hello,

I do not know how to fix and show the percentage power while charging on the lock screen, plus it does not give me the charging sound as well when the home screen does. Moreover, it has been shown the different percentages of battery both on Lock and Home Screen.

I am looking forward to seeing your response.

MacBook Pro, macOS Big Sur.

Thank You.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 9:27 AM

SolinaLeang wrote:

Hello,

I do not know how to fix and show the percentage power while charging on the lock screen, plus it does not give me the charging sound as well when the home screen does. Moreover, it has been shown the different percentages of battery both on Lock and Home Screen.

Thank You.

Monitor your Mac notebook computer's battery - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2021 9:27 AM in response to SolinaLeang

SolinaLeang wrote:

Hello,

Thank You.

Monitor your Mac notebook computer's battery - Apple Support

Aug 7, 2021 1:23 PM in response to SolinaLeang

While you & I believe the battery charge level should be properly indicated on the login screen since it is displayed there, obviously Apple is "Thinking Different" here and this is the new way forward. Or Apple is just lazy at properly verifying everything is working correctly. I can't tell anymore and neither one makes Apple look very good.

It is very annoying to have incorrect information displayed on the login screen. Unfortunately this is an Apple programming bug that needs to be resolved by Apple.

Mac Pro shows different percentage of battery on lock and Home Screen. Moreover, I do not hear any sound and see the charging power when the Mac is being charged in the Lock Screen unlike in the Home Screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.