Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Native instrument’s A61 keyboard

Hi guys,

I just purchased a A61 keyboard from native instruments and whenever i plug into my Mac the system will always disable the USB accessory by saying ‘using too much power’

is there anyways to force the USB accessory be kept open? Thanks

iMac 27″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 10:41 PM

7 replies

Jan 9, 2021 4:17 AM in response to SkilledLeo123

No idea if it will work. It is designed for things that need more power than the bus was designed to provide which sounds like your problem. If the problem is the port malfunctioning, it might not solve it.

I also don’t know where you can buy one. It is something like this: https://www.newegg.com/p/181-06M0-00157

But, you would need to find one with proper ends for your Mac and keyboard. That one linked has two USB A-type plugs into computer, and the USB A-type plug from the keyboard goes into the other end of the Y.

Native instrument’s A61 keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.