Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos App crashes unexpectedly everytime trying to edit Portrait mode photos from iPhone 12 Pro Max

I've been experiencing this problem since I got my iPhone 12 Pro Max. All my photos are synced through iCloud and has ever been since I have started using iCloud for Photos. it's been working great all the way, including all my previous iPhones.

But I noticed that portrait mode photos from iPhone 12 Pro Max (I suspect it's the same as any iPhone 12 series that supports portrait mode), will cause the Photos App to crash everytime it's synced. The library will get updated with the photo, you can view it, in full size, but as soon as you try to edit it or export it for other user or print it, it fails catastrophically. I've tried many different methods, suggest by some others by removing the entire library, and re-import it again from iCloud, but for me at least, it still crashes regardless.

So I have no choice but to edit the photo on my iPhone then AirDrop it my computer instead.

It's been a couple of months now and I see no updates that fixes this problem. It makes it difficult to use Portrait photos on desktop. Any suggestion or fixes?

J

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 3:44 AM

2 replies

Photos App crashes unexpectedly everytime trying to edit Portrait mode photos from iPhone 12 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.