Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is tinypass.com? Never saw it before and suddenly appearing in my security settings says passwords for some site are being compromised. What do I do?

what is tinypass.com. Suddenly in my IPAD security settings appeared passwords compromised and too and wanted me to change them What is this about?

iPad mini 4, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 7:50 AM

5 replies

Jan 14, 2021 9:54 AM in response to lyndaraz

lyndaraz,

Thanks very much for letting us know more. 

It sounds like your passwords are being saved. You can find more information about how to find saved passwords, and how to manage those settings here: How to find saved passwords on your iPhone

If you want, you can also have your iPad automatically fill in strong passwords. This page has more information about that: Automatically fill in strong passwords on iPad

Just to confirm, are you still seeing a prompt to update your Apple ID settings now? If you are, you can find some helpful information, as well as the steps to manage your Apple ID settings here: Manage Apple ID and iCloud settings on iPad

Thank you!

Jan 12, 2021 5:16 AM in response to lyndaraz

Hi lyndaraz,

It sounds like you're seeing a message that passwords have been compromised on your iPad, and want to help.

Just to make sure we're on the same page, can you let us know more about where you're seeing that alert? For example, are you seeing it under Settings > Passwords > Security Recommendations?

If you're using iPadOS 14 or later and you're seeing that alert under Settings > Passwords > Security Recommendations, it sounds like the Detect Compromised Passwords feature may be enabled.

"iPad also securely monitors your passwords and alerts you if they appear in known data leaks. If you don’t want iPad to perform this monitoring, go to Settings > Passwords > Security Recommendations, then turn off Detect Compromised Passwords."

More about that, and how to change compromised passwords here: Change a weak password on iPad

Take care!

Jan 12, 2021 8:33 AM in response to raina_b22

Hi, Detection is on . Under password appeared “detect compromised passwords” I changed what I could but one account remains & I couldn’t change . Then there was an Apple suggestions under my ID asking me to update my Apple ID Setting & was afraid it was not authentic so I didn’t do that step. I couldn’t believe all passwords are stored . What can I do to better secure these passwords. Yes my IOS is 14.3

thanks,

what is tinypass.com? Never saw it before and suddenly appearing in my security settings says passwords for some site are being compromised. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.