Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"HP Scanner3 will harm your computer"

a) running Catalina 10.15.7, up to date

b) HP printer bought at Apple store now (Oct) gives me a "HP Scanner3 will harm your computer" message when trying to use "HP Scan"

c) I can print to it

d) I can "scan to email" from it

e) I can't run the HP Scan app (scan to Mac)

I understand this seems to be some pee contest between HP & Apple ? I would have thought they would work it out by now. When I go to the HP page it says basically drivers aren't updated anymore, or go to "page not found pages". Apple has a few links, which are "archived" (including one from Nov 2020.

Can someone explain in simple words what this issue is, is there a point in thinking they will resolve it ? what to do ? I'm a little leary of monkeying around until after I print out this years Tax returns .......

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

8 replies

"HP Scanner3 will harm your computer"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.