Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Waiting for the printer to become available.

I have upgrade printer firmware; rebooted and pulled plug on printer, rebooted the iMac, reinstalled the printer totally. No change.

Still get the "waiting" message.

Help!

E. Leonard

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 11:28 AM

9 replies

Jan 10, 2021 12:01 PM in response to ELeonard

Hi,

You had upgraded already, but could perhaps double-check the firmware version (there is an Oct 31, 2020 file at https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-8600-e-all-in-one-printer-series-n911/4322914 with macOS 10.15 chosen). By the way, please verify that this is the support page for your printer model (there are several 8600 variants).

At the same time check whether the latest printer driver is installed. If necessary, reset the printing system and re-add the printer (Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support).

Jan 10, 2021 9:31 AM in response to ELeonard

ELeonard Said:

"Waiting for the printer to become available.: Printer: HP Officejet Pro 8600. Mac OS Cataaina 10.15.7. Connected wireless but also tried USB. Was working fine for years and then the issue started. Printed fine with HP analysis software."

-------

Chat with HP:

Perhaps it is time for a new printer? I would recommend contacting HP. They are the manufacturer. Perform a chat. On the following link, click the Speech Bubble on the bottom-right of the screen:

Go Here: HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 - HP

Screenshot of Speech Bubble:

Jan 9, 2021 4:54 PM in response to ELeonard

ELeonard Said:

"Waiting for the printer to become available. I have upgrade printer firmware; rebooted and pulled plug on printer, rebooted the iMac, reinstalled the printer totally. No change. Still get the "waiting" message. Help! E. Leonard"

-------

Contact the Manufacturer.

See what is going on here. The manufacturer may know. So, what operating system is on your iMac: As for the printer, who and what, are the manufacturer and model, respectively?

Waiting for the printer to become available.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.