Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to update software and constantly getting message that wifi connection is lost - but it's connected

I'm using Mojave and trying to update my software, (safari, security, Big Sur). Doesn't matter what I do- I get the message that "network connection is lost" (but it's not). In the meantime, it's running really slowly, programs are freezing constantly and basically anything I try to (just basic stuff) is barely working.

This technophobic lady is stressed out. Fortunately I see that I have Apple Care for another 11 months.

I'm using a Mac Powerbook 13" OS 10.14.6

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 8:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 12:52 AM

You may be connected to WiFi but that does not mean your signal is stable.

Downloading anything from Apples servers is better served if you connect your mac to your

router via cable. If WiFi is the only option then have your mac as close to your router as possible

and do not use any other devices that share the same internet connection.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2021 12:52 AM in response to Smokey3

You may be connected to WiFi but that does not mean your signal is stable.

Downloading anything from Apples servers is better served if you connect your mac to your

router via cable. If WiFi is the only option then have your mac as close to your router as possible

and do not use any other devices that share the same internet connection.

Trying to update software and constantly getting message that wifi connection is lost - but it's connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.