Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone else had trouble importing custom titles/transitions into the new version of final cut pro with the m1 chip? My User folder has folders missing where I usually drop these imported files. Please help!!

So today I tried to import my custom transitions/titles that I have purchased into Final Cut Pro. I'm using the newest version on the M1 Mac mini. When I go to the usual location to import these items (Macintosh HD/Users/(myuser)/Movies/Motion Templates), there are folders missing under Motion Templates, specifically the Transitions folder and Titles folder. I have used custom transitions/titles for a couple years now and this has always been the way I import these files into Final Cut Pro. Does anyone know if the locations for these folders have changed? Did apple forget to add these folders? or have I been importing my files incorrectly this entire time? Any advice would definitely help. I have looked everywhere and this is the only method I can find for Final Cut Pro. I know the there are still a lot of updates and moving parts with these new m1 apple products but if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks.

Mac mini, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 1:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 2:10 AM

The location is the same as it always was.

You just have to create the folders if don’t exist yet.

Don’t forget to “localize” the Titles folder and Transitions folder: select, press Command-I to open the Get Info window and add the .localized extension (it won’t show in the Finder but FCP requires it).

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2021 2:10 AM in response to EstebanSuarez

The location is the same as it always was.

You just have to create the folders if don’t exist yet.

Don’t forget to “localize” the Titles folder and Transitions folder: select, press Command-I to open the Get Info window and add the .localized extension (it won’t show in the Finder but FCP requires it).

Has anyone else had trouble importing custom titles/transitions into the new version of final cut pro with the m1 chip? My User folder has folders missing where I usually drop these imported files. Please help!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.