Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos app slide show problem

I have created a large slide show in the Photos app on my MacBook Pro running Bug Sur 11.1 and every time I try to export it, about 1/3 of the way through the export process, it crashes by computer and first freezes up and then shuts down

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 5:49 AM

Vintage prints are on of the nicer themes, that are not cropping away parts of the photo, and we can focus on one photo at a time. Many of the other themes are cropping of parts of the photo and messing up the composition - heads or feet cut off, and the objects are no longer balanced.

It is my personal taste, but a slideshow theme should respect the artistic work of the photographers, who are composing a shot by balancing the weights of the objects and shapes and colours in the scene, and are taking care that the heads and feet and the tips of the towers are included.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2021 5:49 AM in response to TonyCollinet

Vintage prints are on of the nicer themes, that are not cropping away parts of the photo, and we can focus on one photo at a time. Many of the other themes are cropping of parts of the photo and messing up the composition - heads or feet cut off, and the objects are no longer balanced.

It is my personal taste, but a slideshow theme should respect the artistic work of the photographers, who are composing a shot by balancing the weights of the objects and shapes and colours in the scene, and are taking care that the heads and feet and the tips of the towers are included.

Jan 10, 2021 11:25 PM in response to fredfrommccormick

There is no documented maximum number of photos in a slideshow. It will probably depend on the amount of memory installed on your Mac, or the available storage.

But the most limiting factor for the length of a slideshow should be the patience of your audience - the goal should be to have only the best photos in a slideshow and to keep it short. The best slideshow is a short slideshow, where the audience will say "Can we see more? A pity that it is already over", instead of falling asleep, because they need a break. For travel photos I found that 50 photos are perfect, when shown to people, who have not been our travel companions, and no more than hundred photos, when shown to the travel companions. Less is More. And pick a theme without much animation. Many themes are cropping your photos and do not give the audience a chance to see a photo clearly because of the animation. If you have really outstanding photos to show, avoid the themes with distracting effects. They are only necessary, if you have only boring photos to show.

Photos app slide show problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.