Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook air photos app has been very glitchy

My MacBook air photos app has been very glitchy; shows 2 photos at once layered on top of each other, has unexpectedly quit several times, all in the past week. I'm using Monterey 12.3.1 M1 2020

I've restarted but it doesn't help.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 9:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 9:19 PM

Maybe you should try SMC reset

Here’s how to reset the SMC on any Mac notebook model with the Apple T2 Security Chip:

1. Shut down your Mac. 
  2. Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds, then release the button. 
  3. Wait a few seconds and restart your Mac.
  4. If that doesn’t help, shut down your Mac again.
  5. Press the right Shift, the left Option key, and the left Control key and hold for 7 seconds. Then, press and hold the power button.
  6. Keep holding down all four keys for another 7 seconds. If your Mac has turned on, it will turn off as you hold down these keys. 
  7. Release the keys and wait a few seconds. Then, restart your Macbook.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2022 9:19 PM in response to jillianakajill

Maybe you should try SMC reset

Here’s how to reset the SMC on any Mac notebook model with the Apple T2 Security Chip:

1. Shut down your Mac. 
  2. Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds, then release the button. 
  3. Wait a few seconds and restart your Mac.
  4. If that doesn’t help, shut down your Mac again.
  5. Press the right Shift, the left Option key, and the left Control key and hold for 7 seconds. Then, press and hold the power button.
  6. Keep holding down all four keys for another 7 seconds. If your Mac has turned on, it will turn off as you hold down these keys. 
  7. Release the keys and wait a few seconds. Then, restart your Macbook.

My MacBook air photos app has been very glitchy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.