Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I log-in into old iPad with a new/different Apple ID?

i recently found this old ipad in my house after resetting it without getting in at all i tried to log back in and it has an old apple id which i cant restore at all. i cant log into the ipad since im on the step of resetting your ipad where you have to enter your apple id and password but i forgot it and its no longer useful anymore. so how am i able to switch or change or log in to the ipad without this apple id since i forgot it. this ipad would be very useful to me but i need to get into the ipad or switch the apple id first. right when i get into the ipad i plan on switching it from settings but i need to figure this out first. any tips?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 4:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 6:50 PM

Without the Apple Id and Password of the original owner who set up the device, you will never be able to use it. We can't help and Apple will not help unless you are the original owner and can produce the original receipt clearly showing the serial number. These links explain and may help you remember old ID...

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2021 6:50 PM in response to peep00

Without the Apple Id and Password of the original owner who set up the device, you will never be able to use it. We can't help and Apple will not help unless you are the original owner and can produce the original receipt clearly showing the serial number. These links explain and may help you remember old ID...

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

How can I log-in into old iPad with a new/different Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.