Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch series 6 activation lock

Hello,

I have purchased Apple Watch from an individual unfortunately I haven't verified the Watch at the time of purchase. Later when I checked it has an activation lock with the previous owner.As per Apple support, I have approached seller and requested to remove it from his iCloud and unpair it from the Watch app.

He did both and sent me the screenshots though still I am getting the activation lock page while setting it up.

Any idea why the Watch still asking for activation lock with the previous owner's account?

Please help, Thank you

Apple Watch

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 7:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 7:58 PM

He could have done both of those and still not have properly removed the Activation Lock. He needs to follow there instructions at the bottom of the "Turn off Activation Lock before you send your Apple Watch in for service, sell it, or give it away" section in:

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If the previous owner cannot or will not remove the lock, then try to get a refund. The watch is useless to you or anyone else.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2021 7:58 PM in response to rohin113

He could have done both of those and still not have properly removed the Activation Lock. He needs to follow there instructions at the bottom of the "Turn off Activation Lock before you send your Apple Watch in for service, sell it, or give it away" section in:

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If the previous owner cannot or will not remove the lock, then try to get a refund. The watch is useless to you or anyone else.

Apple Watch series 6 activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.