Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can not attach photo from Photos to a webmail / webform / email on Catalina / Big Sur

Hi,

I am not able to attach HEIC photos from photos from my Macs (Big Sur + Catalina) in webmail / webform or email (Apple Mail). I can see only photos with JPG / PNG extensions but not HEIC.

Please how to fix it?

Thx a lot, Vojtech

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 2:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 4:57 AM

It depends on the application/website you are trying to post to. If they recognise HEIC you can select them. If not, you can't

The only workaround is to first export to a folder (file>export) and then attach to the website from there. The exception to that, should be apple mail. On catalina I can attach HEIC to emails but they get converted to a jpg. How are you trying to attach them?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2021 4:57 AM in response to vojtech_007

It depends on the application/website you are trying to post to. If they recognise HEIC you can select them. If not, you can't

The only workaround is to first export to a folder (file>export) and then attach to the website from there. The exception to that, should be apple mail. On catalina I can attach HEIC to emails but they get converted to a jpg. How are you trying to attach them?

I can not attach photo from Photos to a webmail / webform / email on Catalina / Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.