You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t get my child (10) back into iCloud

Help!

something has happened and my daughter has disabled her ID which is under my account on her iPad. We were trying to set up a new phone it it kept setting it up with my details. Somehow it has managed to erase her ID from her current iPad which she uses for iMessage and FaceTime. I have been up for hours trying to figure it out. What can I do? As a child she doesn’t have a password for her ID does she? And it’s saying I must transfer her to another family if I want to turn off family sharing. So frustrating! Please please anyone know how to help??

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 4:56 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jan 13, 2021 6:21 AM in response to jolene268

Hi jolene268,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today with a disabled Apple ID for your child.

She would actually have her own password even if linked to your account. Please see: Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child and the section "Create an Apple ID for your child" You may need to reset her password

It is correct that if you turn off Family Sharing she would need to be transferred.

If it still isn't working, let us know more details.

Have a fantastic day!

Can’t get my child (10) back into iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.