Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email Account on IPhone

I keep getting a message that new mail can’t be downloaded because my mail account needs a password. I don’t see where to add a password to my mail account in settings. Can anyone tell me how to add a password or do I need to set up the mail account again? I did add the password when originally setting g up the mail account

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 2:47 PM

Jlenceski wrote:

I keep getting a message that new mail can’t be downloaded because my mail account needs a password. I don’t see where to add a password to my mail account in settings. Can anyone tell me how to add a password or do I need to set up the mail account again? I did add the password when originally setting g up the mail account

Delete and reinstall the mail account.

If that doesn't work contact your mail provider or look at their support site.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2021 2:47 PM in response to Jlenceski

Jlenceski wrote:

Delete and reinstall the mail account.

If that doesn't work contact your mail provider or look at their support site.

Email Account on IPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.