Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All mails in my iCloud Inbox are gone

When I opened my Mail app on the iPhone yesterday I was shocked to find that any and every e-mail in my Inbox folder has disappeared. There was only one mail that was sent to me that morning.

Logging into iCloud on a browser or opening the Mail app, my iCloud inbox also merely contains that one e-mail.

There were 4 years worth of e-mails in there, including important ones from my university. I need these e-mails back very urgently.

• I have not willingly or accidentally deleted all e-mails at once.
  • Mails still take up over 600 MBs in my iCloud storage, just as before they were gone.
  • Searching for keywords which were part of deleted mails did not turn up results.
  • All other folders (Sent, Drafts, Junk, Trash, created folders) are fine.
  • I tried logging out and logging back in, removing and adding back the iCloud account in Mail, restarting my laptop, to no avail.
  • I tried Mailbox > Rebuild, to no avail. It rebuilt that one e-mail I received after all my mails were gone.
  • Apple's Support website asks for a serial number for my device to make a call (despite the issue being completely unrelated to any Apple devices I own) and refuses to show me a Chat option. Other solutions shown, such as the aforementioned Rebuild, did not work.

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 6:27 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

All mails in my iCloud Inbox are gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.