Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone sound muted

With all sound adjustment bars at max, sounds are muted. Noticed first with texted videos and thought the sender made an error. Now my phone ring sound is also muted. However, the voice announcing who is calling is full volume, and I can hear callers clearly when I put them on speaker. I did Settings—> Sound/Haptics, I changed volume slider during video plays. Confused.

iPhone X

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 7:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 10:28 AM

Figured it out! My phone was somehow still connected to my car. Got in my car, and it started a phone call (!!!) I couldn’t just hang up from the car controls, and stopping and restarting the car just started a new automatic phone call. I powered down the phone, restarted the car, restarted the phone and it all got fixed. No more weird phantom calls from my car, and sound is back to normal levels.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2021 10:28 AM in response to wormier

Figured it out! My phone was somehow still connected to my car. Got in my car, and it started a phone call (!!!) I couldn’t just hang up from the car controls, and stopping and restarting the car just started a new automatic phone call. I powered down the phone, restarted the car, restarted the phone and it all got fixed. No more weird phantom calls from my car, and sound is back to normal levels.

iPhone sound muted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.