Related Article: What to do before you sell, give away, trade in, or recycle your Mac

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello, our Mac was stolen

By Find my Iphone it shows that Mac is turned off and is offline.

We are getting emails that apple id was used to sing in via browswer, but no location is provided? What should we do?

Police report was made.

Please help

Mac Pro

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 1:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 1:20 AM

If the Activation Lock feature is still enabled, your Mac can't be used by another user:

Check this article for more information:

If your Mac goes missing

If you ever misplace your device or think it may have been stolen, you can sign into iCloud.com or use the Find My app to locate your device on a map, play a sound, lock your Mac, or erase it. Activation Lock works in the background to make it more difficult for someone to use or sell your missing device, but you can still remotely lock your device with Find My to secure it with a unique passcode and display a message onscreen for anyone who may find it. 

copied from: About Activation Lock on your Mac - Apple Support

Also have a look at this article:

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2021 1:20 AM in response to vika166

If the Activation Lock feature is still enabled, your Mac can't be used by another user:

Check this article for more information:

If your Mac goes missing

If you ever misplace your device or think it may have been stolen, you can sign into iCloud.com or use the Find My app to locate your device on a map, play a sound, lock your Mac, or erase it. Activation Lock works in the background to make it more difficult for someone to use or sell your missing device, but you can still remotely lock your device with Find My to secure it with a unique passcode and display a message onscreen for anyone who may find it. 

copied from: About Activation Lock on your Mac - Apple Support

Also have a look at this article:

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Jan 13, 2021 5:33 AM in response to Ingo2711

Thanks for reply,

but i tried all this, but Find My Iphone doesn't help as it's disabled on Mac. In list it is shown as offline and no more info...

We only got two email's that someone used browser to sign to Apple Id.

But if somebody tries tio use AI why i don't see location where it happened?

Is it possible to see last location where Mac was online?

Victoria

Jan 13, 2021 7:46 AM in response to vika166

Sorry, but you can only locate your device, if "Find my" has been enabled, and you can see your Mac in the list of registered devices, if yo log into your iCloud Account on a computer.

You also get the message, that someone logged into your iCloud Account, using a Webbrowser, if this person was you.

And there will be no location mentioned as well in this mail.

The only time you will provided with location data would be, if someone has been using your Apple ID and the Two-Factor code has been sent to one of your trusted devices.

Hello, our Mac was stolen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.