Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro was stolen 6 month before. Today I've got email that on it was sound played. Also it was renamed. Is it possible to find it now?

My device was stolen 6 month before. Today I've got email that on it was sound played. Also it was renamed into MacBook Air (at least the email is shown it like this).

Is it possible to find it now? How did the thieves renamed the MacBook Pro and why it's still offline? Is it technically possible?

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 8:53 AM

ivtala wrote:

My device was stolen 6 month before. Today I've got email that on it was sound played. Also it was renamed into MacBook Air (at least the email is shown it like this).
Is it possible to find it now? How did the thieves renamed the MacBook Pro and why it's still offline? Is it technically possible?

If your Mac is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Locate a device in Find My on Mac - Apple Support

Find My - Official Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2022 8:53 AM in response to ivtala

ivtala wrote:

If your Mac is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Locate a device in Find My on Mac - Apple Support

Find My - Official Apple Support

My MacBook Pro was stolen 6 month before. Today I've got email that on it was sound played. Also it was renamed. Is it possible to find it now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.