Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adobe Flash Player Substitute?

Is there such a thing as a substitute for Adobe Flash Player? I access some research sites that still use Adobe flash player to open pdf's. My browsers - Safari and Firefox - would prompt me to allow flash player to activate and then the files would open. Suddenly, on Jan. 12, flash player will not work anymore and I cannot open the files - they appear to be pdf's, but open with flash player. The website is an archdiocese, They say they are working on a solution. But, it seems like there would be some substotute avialable. So many websites still use flash player. Is there a substitute plug-in? I have found some stand alone media players, such as File Viewer and Elmedia, but can find nothing that plugs into my browser. And, cannot find a way to click and drag these files - which look like pdf's - to a stand alone media player. Hope someone has a suggestion.

Tom

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 8:44 AM

A substitute wouldn't help. Begining Januuary 12, Adobe is blocking it. See the following from https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Since Adobe will no longer be supporting Flash Player after December 31, 2020 and Adobe will block Flash content from running in Flash Player beginning January 12, 2021, Adobe strongly recommends all users immediately uninstall Flash Player to help protect their systems.  

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2021 8:44 AM in response to tjcoffice

A substitute wouldn't help. Begining Januuary 12, Adobe is blocking it. See the following from https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Since Adobe will no longer be supporting Flash Player after December 31, 2020 and Adobe will block Flash content from running in Flash Player beginning January 12, 2021, Adobe strongly recommends all users immediately uninstall Flash Player to help protect their systems.  

Adobe Flash Player Substitute?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.