Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems connecting to Apple TV from my new MacBook air

I have tried all of the obvious things ie same network etc and although I can connect my iPhone and iPad to my Apple TV my new MacBook Air resolutely refuses to connect! help!!

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 10:30 AM

Okay, you mentioned that are attempting use Airplay and you turned off both devices and powered them back on. On the Apple TV, please disconnect it from it's power source for about 2-3 minutes and then retest. If the problem is still there one thing you should know is that not all content providers allow Airplay to work so if there is specific content that is not working, that means you should touch bases with those providers.

However Airplay is not working across the board and you have exhausted all the troubleshooting steps then it's time to call AppleCare. If you don' t know how to reach them please use AppleCare contact Information

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2021 10:30 AM in response to johnb53

Okay, you mentioned that are attempting use Airplay and you turned off both devices and powered them back on. On the Apple TV, please disconnect it from it's power source for about 2-3 minutes and then retest. If the problem is still there one thing you should know is that not all content providers allow Airplay to work so if there is specific content that is not working, that means you should touch bases with those providers.

However Airplay is not working across the board and you have exhausted all the troubleshooting steps then it's time to call AppleCare. If you don' t know how to reach them please use AppleCare contact Information

Jan 13, 2021 9:41 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Ok so I have followed all of the advice from the apple trouble shooting page.

Both the Apple TV and MacBook Air have the latest software updates

They are both on the same network and are signed in

I can connect to the Apple TV from both my Iphone and Ipad

I can see the Apple TV from my MacBook Air when I try to do screen mirroring but when I try to connect after a few minutes I get a message saying that the MacBook is unable to connect.

I have turned both devices off and on again but still to no avail

Problems connecting to Apple TV from my new MacBook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.