You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I disable Memories in the Iphone Gallery?

I have already disabled notifications for the Memories "feature." I don't want my phone to sift through my photos and I don't need an external device to tell me what my memories are. This is a feature I do not want or use and I want it gone. How can I make it happen?

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 10:13 AM

2 replies

Jan 13, 2021 12:04 PM in response to Just_want_it_2_work

The Memories are a central part of Photos iOS and Photos for Mac and cannot be disabled.

You can do two things to make Photos create less memories. Whenever Photos creates a new memory, do the following:

1. Tap the For You tab, then tap a Memory.
  2. Tap ,Suggest Fewer Memories Like This,  only then tap Delete Memory.

Over the time you will see less memories. See: "View Memories in Photos on iPhone - Apple Support"

Also, it helps, if you do not feed Photos by naming Faces.

But even after blocking all kinds of Memory tapes, Photos will sift through your photos and scan them and try to understand what is in the photos. It will classify them according to the categories of the objects and people in the photos, recognise faces, recogise places.

Can I disable Memories in the Iphone Gallery?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.