Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod not responding

HomePod mini seems to be looping the booting process after removing it from the home app.

HomePod mini, 14

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 1:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 12:36 PM

Try a hard reset

Reset HomePod

Do exactly as instructed:

Press the top of HomePod to reset it to its factory settings. Here’s how:

1. Unplug HomePod or unplug the power adapter for HomePod mini, wait 10 seconds, then plug it back in.
  2. Wait 5 seconds, then touch your finger to the top of HomePod and hold it there.
  3. The white spinning light will turn red. Keep your finger down. 
  4. Siri will say that your HomePod is about to reset. When you hear three beeps, you can lift your finger.

Then set it up again using your iOS device. Make sure your device is on the wifi you will be using, so that transfers over to the HomePod

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2021 12:36 PM in response to walker86

Try a hard reset

Reset HomePod

Do exactly as instructed:

Press the top of HomePod to reset it to its factory settings. Here’s how:

1. Unplug HomePod or unplug the power adapter for HomePod mini, wait 10 seconds, then plug it back in.
  2. Wait 5 seconds, then touch your finger to the top of HomePod and hold it there.
  3. The white spinning light will turn red. Keep your finger down. 
  4. Siri will say that your HomePod is about to reset. When you hear three beeps, you can lift your finger.

Then set it up again using your iOS device. Make sure your device is on the wifi you will be using, so that transfers over to the HomePod

Jan 18, 2021 12:20 PM in response to Vancouver22

I removed it from the home app because it was having trouble connecting to the internet and I was going to move it closer to the router. I unplugged it from the outlet and then plugged it back in to a different one. It begins to start up but after the white light spins for a few seconds it freezes, turns off, and the starts the process over. It just keeps doing this repeatedly. I can’t get past the step of it turning on let alone set it up.

HomePod not responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.