Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

yahoo finance not fully loading

Accessing Yahoo works fine. Clicking on Sports or other tabs on Yahoo works fine but when I click on Finance the page doesn't fully load. It loads a few items and then everything else is blank. The categories on the right such as cryptocurrencies, trending tickers, stocks: most active, stocks: Gainers, stocks: Losers, etc. just have 20 gray boxes. If I enter a stock symbol, only 3 news articles load without saying how old they are like it should. If I click on conversations, the page loads but clicking the drop down arrow next to top reactions yields nothing and the comments that are on the page don't have when they were posted, ie, 1 hour ago, two hours ago, 1 day ago, etc. This happened a week or two ago. but started working later in the day. This time it hasn't worked past Monday. I am using a MacBook Pro 15 in, 2017, High Sierra Version 10.13.6 with Safari version 13.1.2. All updates are loaded. Thank you if anyone can assist.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 9:28 AM

Similar questions

12 replies

Jan 14, 2021 10:04 AM in response to alanday

Since it is a new year, I'm wondering if Yahoo has changed some policies. I'm not a member so am wondering if they no longer allow nonmembers to lurk on their website fully viewing the whole section of Yahoo/Finance. The statistics and financial tabs still work for individual stocks but not all the news or conversation sections.

Jan 14, 2021 11:37 PM in response to alanday

I am having the same issue with versions of Safari 13.

Portfolios will load normally and as expected in computers running versions of Safari 14.

Aside from using a different browser, one workaround for Safari 13 (and I'm assuming Safari 12) is to enable Developer menu in Safari, then select a different 'User Agent' from the Developer Menu. It doesn't seem to matter which one you choose - but I went with 'Firefox - MacOS' or 'Google Chrome - MacOS'. After that, Portfolio will load normally in Safari 13.

I'm assuming something changed on Yahoo's end and it might eventually get fixed. I don't know why it seems to be effecting only Safari and only versions prior to 14, but selecting a different User Agent will fix it for now.

Jan 15, 2021 10:54 AM in response to tedward77

I've been able to test on 5 different computers.

2 computers running High Sierra with Safari 13.1.2, are both unable to load portfolios.

I was also able to test on 3 computers running Mojave.

2 of the Mojave computers were still using Safari 13.1.2, and would not load the Yahoo portfolios. The third machine had already been upgraded to Safari 14.0.2, and that computer loaded page normally and as expected.

I then upgraded one of the 2 Mojave machines still running Safari 13 with the most recent security update, and Safari update from 13 to 14. After update, that machine, which previously did not work using Safari 13 now works normally in Safari 14.

I have not been able to get any version of Safari 13 to work in 4 different macs.

I would be most curious to know why tedward77's one computer running Safari 13 is working normally for for Yahoo portfolios. If anyone figures that out, that info would be most welcome. Old macs which can't run any version OS newer than High Sierra are also limited to Safari 13.1.2 and don't have an option to upgrade to Safari 14.

Jan 15, 2021 2:56 PM in response to tedward77

Thanks everyone for your input. I am just guessing but I believe the computer that still works on Yahoo/Finance even though you have Safari 13.1.2 won't be working for long without changing the user agent. Maybe since it is a new year, Yahoo no longer supports Safari 13.1.2 compatibility with all its services even though your one computer still works for now.

Jan 15, 2021 8:52 PM in response to alanday

Thank you all for your input... and yes "wbfx" I agree that my one computer which still is able to run Yahoo Finance is baffling especially based on your experiments! Could the fact it is a late 2011make a difference? Would think not, but I am no expert. Anyway, thanks again if any news develops on my computer (running Safari 13) I will let ya know.

Jan 15, 2021 9:51 PM in response to tedward77

Tedward77 - both of my machines running High Sierra were 2011 laptops - so probably not the factor making a difference.

In any event, Yahoo seems to have rectified whatever was causing this little bug because as of this evening, Portfolios is loading normally on all computers, including Safari 13. So, for me, all seems good now.

yahoo finance not fully loading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.