Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After Security Update 2020-05 for High Sierra 10.13.6, Yahoo Portfolios stopped working.

And I think after Security Update 2020-06 for High Sierra 10.13.6 (could also be due to changing Safari Preferences to get Yahoo working), even charts on Yahoo Finance don't work. On other sites, graphic displays work but take longer time to load after these updates.

Tried the usual such as emptying cache/history etc. No extensions,. Downloaded Chrome and everything works on Chrome but I prefer to use Safari as I always have done.

Any one else have these issues and have any fix besides updating to new OS. I have an older macbook and have found very little support for HS or older macs. Not sure I want to migrate to a new OS and then find I need to update to newer mac etc...

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 11:34 PM

I am having the same issue. I believe it is a change on Yahoo's end since I upgraded security for High Sierra weeks ago, but yahoo portfolios only just stopped working in the past few days.

Portfolios will load normally and as expected in computers running versions of Safari 14.

Aside from using a different browser, one workaround in Safari 13 is to enable Developer Menu in Safari, then select a different 'User Agent' from the Developer Menu. It doesn't seem to matter which one you choose - but I went with 'Firefox - MacOS' or 'Google Chrome - MacOS'. After selecting a different User Agent, Portfolios will load normally in Safari 13.

I'm assuming that whatever changed from Yahoo's end might eventually get fixed.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2021 11:34 PM in response to Oak_tree1

I am having the same issue. I believe it is a change on Yahoo's end since I upgraded security for High Sierra weeks ago, but yahoo portfolios only just stopped working in the past few days.

Portfolios will load normally and as expected in computers running versions of Safari 14.

Aside from using a different browser, one workaround in Safari 13 is to enable Developer Menu in Safari, then select a different 'User Agent' from the Developer Menu. It doesn't seem to matter which one you choose - but I went with 'Firefox - MacOS' or 'Google Chrome - MacOS'. After selecting a different User Agent, Portfolios will load normally in Safari 13.

I'm assuming that whatever changed from Yahoo's end might eventually get fixed.

After Security Update 2020-05 for High Sierra 10.13.6, Yahoo Portfolios stopped working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.